In light of the Scottish Government’s most recent announcement of moving into Level 4 from Boxing Day, MFCC are proposing 4 weekly rides to be introduced from Tuesday 28th December. These will be reviewed weekly depending on response. According to guidelines from Scottish Cycling, group and led rides can take place with up to 7 people from unlimited households. As previously the track and trace registration form MUST be adhered to, along with face coverings & social distancing for meeting up. As a club, we are conscious of the physical benefits of cycling but more importantly during these uncertain times, the importance of meeting others outside for mental well-being. Many will be on their own during lockdown and this is a chance to not be. The following club rides are planned :
- Saturday 26th December (Boxing Day pudding burner!) – Road Ride. Start time 0900 Hrs. Ride time 2 hours approx.
- Sunday 27th December – Gravel Ride. Start time 0800 Hrs. Ride time 3 hours approx.
- Tuesday 29th December – Road Ride. Start time 0900 Hrs. Ride time 2 hours approx.
- Thursday 31st December – Gravel Ride. Start time 0800 Hrs. Ride time 2 hours approx.
- Saturday 2nd January Road Ride – Start time 0900 Hrs. Ride time 2 hours approx..
- Sunday 3rd January Gravel Ride – Start time 0800 Hrs. Ride time 3 hours.
All the planned rides are weather permitting (in particular road rides) and those registered will be contacted the night before if there are changes.
If you are to join one of the rides please complete register details using the link below:
Wishing you a peaceful, safe and merry Christmas!!
Moray Firth Cycling Club