Following on from last week’s email regarding the return of Saturday and Sunday club rides we are pleased to confirm we are good to go with the first weekend rides being on:
- Saturday 19th September at 0900Hrs – Saturday Training Ride
- Sunday 20th September at 0900Hrs – Sunday Club Ride
For the time being the meeting point is to be at Bishops Road Car Park (near to the Cathedral/Eden Court) until further notice.
Guidelines to club rides returning
Club rides can only resume so long as the club and its members adhere to the new guidelines. So apologies for the lengthy details below but here are the guidelines we must follow :
To adhere to the Scottish Government and Scottish Governing Body (SGB) guidelines, MFCC require to have in place an appropriate process in place to take an accurate record of all attendees, for all club rides. To comply to this, any rider who wishes to take part in a club ride must complete the relevant details requested in the web-link below. It must be ensured this is completed before the ride takes place. If not completed the rider cannot take part in the club ride. All that is requested is name, contact telephone number and date of the session.
Under the current guidelines, club rides can take place with up to 30 people from unlimited households. However, out with the club ride this rule does not apply and therefore the “6 people from 2 households” rule applies. Unfortunately no café stops will be planned as part of any club ride for the foreseeable future. To help the general public distinguish any organised club ride (and allowing up to 30 riders) from and unorganised cycling group, if possible please wear the MFCC club kit.
Participants must not attend a ride or session if:
- They have Covid-19 symptoms
- Someone in their household has Covid-19 symptoms
- If they have been asked to self-isolate at home by the Scottish Government Test and Protect
- They have returned from a country which is not on the exemption from quarantine list in the
last 14 days
During a club ride, each rider is asked to:
- Participants must practice good respiratory hygiene during the activity (i.e. coughing, sneezing into a tissue or the crook of an elbow)
- Participants must provide their own equipment and refreshments and should avoid sharing the likes of tools, water bottles and food.
- Face coverings are optional during activity, but riders should bring a personal face mask for their use in the event of injury requiring attention from a first aider.
If a participant develops symptoms of Covid-19, they should stop taking part, return home and follow the Government’s ‘Test and Protect’ guidelines.
After the club ride, each rider is asked to:
- All participants leaving the activity must maintain physical distancing
- Any participant developing symptoms after a club ride should immediately isolate and request a test straight away.
Hopefully that is sufficient information, but if you need further details please get in touch. After so long without any club rides, we look forward to seeing you soon!